Monday, May 10, 2010

Chicken coop

We moved our big chicks outside.  They pretty much look like smallish chickens now.  We borrowed a chicken hutch from my Dad and because of the dog and cats we needed to make a chicken run too.  We used an old Dog run that was left by the previous owners of our house.  We still need to put a top on, but for now they don't want to leave the hutch anyway so that will need to be added on a different weekend.  Mike and I were pretty proud of ourselves and how it turned out :-)  I forgot to mention that My Dad brought me two more chicks the other day so that makes 6 hens now.  They are small and fluffy so I still have them in the garage with the heat lamp until they get their feathers in.  I hope this new adventure is a positive one. 
There are two red hens in there too, but they blen in with the red wood :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I can't believe you did it all for virtually no cost. It looks like you have a good set up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Boston is convinced we are going to do this as well. So far I am NOT so convinced, but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete